Page 1 of 4

On air

by bobsnicholson
Well, i messed up my computer trying to fix it.
I lost access to this site and couldn't get it to send me the new password thing as i had forgotten what i used to register. If you have forgotten your user and password how do you tell them, you can't log in. Hate tech.

Anyway, at the bottom there was a contact thing, thing is i could put my e mail address in and subject but the main box where you type "the problem" wouldn't let me type...or at least it wasn't showing as i typed.

Someone in the Kremlin obviously realised i had an issue and fixed the issue. (a geek no doubt)

To him/her, thank you.

I can now go to Slovenia tomorrow with peace of mind knowing this bit of the computer is fixed.........well 2 day's to get there.

Any chance you can come round tonight and fix all the other issues on my PC. :'-(

Re: On air

by CantCorner
Top tip :-

To ensure you reach your destination , take a map of Europe + Slovenia and don't rely on Sat-Nav. :D :D :D

Re: On air

by bobsnicholson
Agree, got Sat Nav X 2, + Google Maps on phone, + 2 maps, and a compass.

Re: On air

by CantCorner
Sextant ?

Re: On air

by Ninjachica
bobsnicholson wrote: ↑Mon Jun 03, 2019 12:23 pm Well, i messed up my computer trying to fix it.

Any chance you can come round tonight and fix all the other issues on my PC. :'-(
I know someone who probably can. Just send me the keys to your house and bikes, and I’ll get it sorted 😆😆

Re: On air

by bobsnicholson
How did you know i just stocked the beer fridge up :-p

Re: On air

by Piglet
CantCorner wrote: ↑Mon Jun 03, 2019 3:43 pm Top tip :-

To ensure you reach your destination , take a map of Europe + Slovenia and don't rely on Sat-Nav. :D :D :D
What have you got against Stephen Purves?

Re: On air

by Piglet
CantCorner wrote: ↑Mon Jun 03, 2019 3:52 pmSextant ?
Here you go. :-p

https://www.aerostich.com/analog-gps.html

Re: On air

by webmaster
bobsnicholson wrote: ↑Mon Jun 03, 2019 12:23 pm...Anyway, at the bottom there was a contact thing, thing is i could put my e mail address in and subject but the main box where you type "the problem" wouldn't let me type...or at least it wasn't showing as i typed...
Well, you've managed to find a very weird flaw i knew nothing about!

Turns out somewhere in the background of this site design that box is a white background with white text!?

I can't even imagine how i've managed that so it may not be a quick fix but i'll give it a go

Did you actually send a message in the end? as i never received one but i certainly should have done...

Re: On air

by Piglet
webmaster wrote: ↑Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:44 pm
bobsnicholson wrote: ↑Mon Jun 03, 2019 12:23 pm...Anyway, at the bottom there was a contact thing, thing is i could put my e mail address in and subject but the main box where you type "the problem" wouldn't let me type...or at least it wasn't showing as i typed...
Well, you've managed to find a very weird flaw i knew nothing about!

Turns out somewhere in the background of this site design that box is a white background with white text!?

I can't even imagine how i've managed that so it may not be a quick fix but i'll give it a go

Did you actually send a message in the end? as i never received one but i certainly should have done...
One can see the text if it is selected with the mouse. So I would type up a message in Notepad and paste it into the white box.