On air

All non-bike-related chat in here
User avatar
bobsnicholson
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:40 am
Location: Cheshire

On air

Post by bobsnicholson »

Well, i messed up my computer trying to fix it.
I lost access to this site and couldn't get it to send me the new password thing as i had forgotten what i used to register. If you have forgotten your user and password how do you tell them, you can't log in. Hate tech.

Anyway, at the bottom there was a contact thing, thing is i could put my e mail address in and subject but the main box where you type "the problem" wouldn't let me type...or at least it wasn't showing as i typed.

Someone in the Kremlin obviously realised i had an issue and fixed the issue. (a geek no doubt)

To him/her, thank you.

I can now go to Slovenia tomorrow with peace of mind knowing this bit of the computer is fixed.........well 2 day's to get there.

Any chance you can come round tonight and fix all the other issues on my PC. :'-(
Work is for people that can't play golf.
User avatar
CantCorner
Joined: Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:57 pm

Re: On air

Post by CantCorner »

Top tip :-

To ensure you reach your destination , take a map of Europe + Slovenia and don't rely on Sat-Nav. :D :D :D
It wasn't my fault , I was left unsupervised !
User avatar
bobsnicholson
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:40 am
Location: Cheshire

Re: On air

Post by bobsnicholson »

Agree, got Sat Nav X 2, + Google Maps on phone, + 2 maps, and a compass.
Work is for people that can't play golf.
User avatar
CantCorner
Joined: Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:57 pm

Re: On air

Post by CantCorner »

Sextant ?
It wasn't my fault , I was left unsupervised !
User avatar
Ninjachica
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:19 pm

Re: On air

Post by Ninjachica »

bobsnicholson wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 12:23 pm Well, i messed up my computer trying to fix it.

Any chance you can come round tonight and fix all the other issues on my PC. :'-(
I know someone who probably can. Just send me the keys to your house and bikes, and I’ll get it sorted 😆😆
If it ain't fun, don't do it
User avatar
bobsnicholson
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:40 am
Location: Cheshire

Re: On air

Post by bobsnicholson »

How did you know i just stocked the beer fridge up :-p
Work is for people that can't play golf.
User avatar
Piglet
Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:58 pm

Re: On air

Post by Piglet »

CantCorner wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 3:43 pm Top tip :-

To ensure you reach your destination , take a map of Europe + Slovenia and don't rely on Sat-Nav. :D :D :D
What have you got against Stephen Purves?
"It's just banter." - Snev
User avatar
Piglet
Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:58 pm

Re: On air

Post by Piglet »

CantCorner wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 3:52 pmSextant ?
Here you go. :-p

https://www.aerostich.com/analog-gps.html
"It's just banter." - Snev
User avatar
webmaster
Site Admin
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:27 pm

Re: On air

Post by webmaster »

bobsnicholson wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 12:23 pm...Anyway, at the bottom there was a contact thing, thing is i could put my e mail address in and subject but the main box where you type "the problem" wouldn't let me type...or at least it wasn't showing as i typed...
Well, you've managed to find a very weird flaw i knew nothing about!

Turns out somewhere in the background of this site design that box is a white background with white text!?

I can't even imagine how i've managed that so it may not be a quick fix but i'll give it a go

Did you actually send a message in the end? as i never received one but i certainly should have done...
User avatar
Piglet
Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:58 pm

Re: On air

Post by Piglet »

webmaster wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:44 pm
bobsnicholson wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 12:23 pm...Anyway, at the bottom there was a contact thing, thing is i could put my e mail address in and subject but the main box where you type "the problem" wouldn't let me type...or at least it wasn't showing as i typed...
Well, you've managed to find a very weird flaw i knew nothing about!

Turns out somewhere in the background of this site design that box is a white background with white text!?

I can't even imagine how i've managed that so it may not be a quick fix but i'll give it a go

Did you actually send a message in the end? as i never received one but i certainly should have done...
One can see the text if it is selected with the mouse. So I would type up a message in Notepad and paste it into the white box.
Attachments
White on White.JPG
White on White.JPG (55.23 KiB) Viewed 1287 times
"It's just banter." - Snev
Post Reply