Post Reply
User avatar
Beelady
Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:39 pm

Service time.

Post by Beelady »

I've done over 4,000 miles on the Street Twin and it's first major service is due at 10,000. I'm a hundred miles short of the target, but it's 40 miles to the Triumph dealers, so I won't be far off.

I asked for a price, before I booked it in and it's just under £400, which is half the price of a major Striple service. I wonder if that's going to turn out the right price. It's still expensive and it's only going to the shop because it's a big service and I can get the book stamped one more time before changing to an independent shop.

It's turning into a very expensive month! One new rear tyre, a service, tax and insurance for the Street Twin. An MOT, tax and insurance for the Kawasaki. The car is still kicking up a racket unless it's near the garage, in which case it goes silent. Possibly £500 +, if it turns out to be the thrust bearing on the clutch, in which case I'll have a new clutch done as well, while the thing's in bits, and my magic battery operated lawn mower has died after 7 years of fault free use. I've tested the battery and dismantled the rest of the machine without finding the fault. I'll put it back together. It might just work, but if not I'll buy another one.

After that I shall starve until Christmas, so I can put all the money back that I'm lending myself from my savings.

Oh, yes. Not forgetting my new tent I've just treated myself to. Is 5 tents too many? Surely not :D
User avatar
Beelady
Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:39 pm

Re: Service time.

Post by Beelady »

Well that didn't go according to plan.

Another puncture, just as I arrived on the dealer's forecourt. They tried to plug it, but no joy. Add the price of another new tyre to the bill and also there were no tyres in stock, so I have a loan bike and mine won't be ready until Thursday afternoon.
And it rained on me a lot on the way home.

I knew I should have stayed at home.
User avatar
bobsnicholson
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:40 am
Location: Cheshire

Re: Service time.

Post by bobsnicholson »

So we are in the same puncture club eh :tup:
Work is for people that can't play golf.
User avatar
Beelady
Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:39 pm

Re: Service time.

Post by Beelady »

A good week. No punctures.
I wonder how long I can keep the latest tyre going :)
User avatar
bobsnicholson
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:40 am
Location: Cheshire

Re: Service time.

Post by bobsnicholson »

Got my puncture fixed at BMW Manchester, only £185 :'-(
Work is for people that can't play golf.
User avatar
Ninjachica
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:19 pm

Re: Service time.

Post by Ninjachica »

bobsnicholson wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2024 2:18 pm Got my puncture fixed at BMW Manchester, only £185 :'-(
It's sickening isn't it.
Last one i had, i paid around £180 for a replacement back tyre. But i had paid £190 for both tyres not too long before.
If it ain't fun, don't do it
Post Reply